1 in 8 U.S. women will develop breast cancer at some point in her lifetime.
The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center's Office of Community Engagement and Cancer Disparities created this breast health education tool, A Walk through the Cure, to lead you on a journey to learn first-hand about the continuum of breast health care from screening to treatment and survivorship.
Acknowledgement of Funders
The development of this breast health educational tool was supported through funding (whole or in part) by:
- NIH/NCI - The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center Support Grant (#P30 CA14599)
- NIH/NCI - The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center Support Grant - Administrative Supplements to Expand NCI-Supported Community Outreach Capacity Through Community Health Educators (CHEs) of the National Outreach Network (NON) – 2013 & 2014 (#P30CA014599-38S2 and # P30CA014599-39S2)
- NIH/NCI - Feasibility Studies for Collaborative Interaction for Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnership Grant, “Chicago South Side Cancer Disparities Initiative” (#P20 CA165582)
- Exelon Corporation (gift)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality - Partnership for Sustainable Research and Dissemination of Evidence-based Medicine Grant, "Partnership for Healthier Asians" (#1R24HS022063-01)